We can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel at least for the interior. Cleanup has started in prep to finish both the concrete and hardwood floors.
The fireplace hearth was poured.
We also have our permanent electric meter installed and the solar will be hooked in shortly so we can start getting credit from the panels.
The guest bath tile is finished and will be grouted early next week.
The cork floor was also installed the kitchen but is currently covered so no picture of that yet.
Next week, the driveway will hopefully get started as well as the installation of the steel planters in the auto-court.
Lots of incremental progress at the house. The kitchen backsplash had grout applied.
The upstairs master bathroom tile is down and waiting on grout.
Here is Gitanjali and our builder picking grout colors.
Hardwood floors is pretty much done. Here is the upstairs master closet.
Upstairs master bedroom.
The outdoor kitchen had the black granite counter top applied with matching sink.
If it ever stops raining long enough for the soil to dry out, the black granite backsplash piece will also be installed.
The next two weeks should get all the floors finished along with the staircase including the cork in the kitchen. We should also get final electrical inspection so we can turn on power to the house and get heat and AC working.
It’s 2019 and progress marches on. We are in the home stretch and will hopefully be complete in the next 2-3 months.
Upstairs master tile is complete and waiting for grout.
Hardwood floor is done except for the upstairs master due to the tile work. Here is Akash’s room.
Here is the upstairs landing area.
If it ever stops raining long enough so the ground can dry out, they can start the auto-court pavers which would really help with all the mud and clay being tracked everywhere.
Slowly but surely, the hardwood floors and bathroom tile work continues.
The upstairs master is very close to completion.
The hardwood floor installation upstairs has also started.
The limestone outdoor patio is compete and has been grouted.
The limestone at the front door entry way is also started.
I’m hopeful that all the tile and floor work will be done by next week!
Some more progress was made before the holidays.
Hardwoods started in the guest house.
Good progress was made on the tile in the upstair master bathroom.
Hardwood floors are mostly installed in the downstair areas. Sanding and staining will happen near the very end of the project.
The limestone lueders are also being installed in the screened patio area.
Tile work also started in the upstairs master. I’m really excited to see how these turn out.
They also started the cap work on the exposed concrete on the exterior of the house. The original plan was board formed concrete, but the conditions on the day of the pour (100+ degrees) made it difficult to achieve. So we are going for a smooth finish and a lot of it will be hidden by dirt and plantings anyway.
Tiling work continues in the guest house. We went with a concrete tile in a starburst pattern which looks great.
The downstairs master has the infinity drain installed and the tile work is done around the toilet room.
Speaking of toilets, we’ve got lots in boxes!
Fans have also been installed in rooms.
I remembered to take a picture of the installed solar panels and all the electrical panels on the outside of the house.
We are hoping they will start the tile work on the upstairs master this week because we really want to see the tile on the wall.