After a trip to Italy in July and a bunch of work nonsense, we are now living in the house! We still have a bunch of stuff at our old place that needs to get moved in, but we got all the essentials over here so we can start living here full time. Akash starts Kindergarten in two weeks so we felt it was important to get settled in the new house before making the transition to public school.
Akash really likes his new room and we are slowly getting all his stuff organized.
The walk-in pantry is fantastic and it is no nice to be able to put everything away and keep the kitchen tidy.
On the outside, the auto-court plantings are filling in nicely.
Akash has found that the hex pavers are great for chalk.
Plus someone finally bought the vacant lot next door so who knows? We may get to watch someone go through the same process we just went through.
As we get the rest of our furniture and art hung on the walls, I’ll post some additional updates, but it feels good to close the chapter on this project. I will also be able to get back to beekeeping next spring so I’ll be able to continue my blogging at https://austinbeekeeping.com/ now that I’ll have plenty of space for hives.
Thanks for following along with us on this journey!
So after a very long process, we got the certificate of occupancy on Wednesday which means we can technically move in although in reality that is still a few weeks away.
We walked the house with the builder today and put stickers on all the areas that needed touch up paint. There is also still a lot of exterior work to be done in the landscaping but the interior is complete.
Speaking of exterior, the parking near the street has been completed and looks great.
The upper deck has all the trim now for safety.
All the entry planters are in and getting filled with dirt in prep for planting.
Hopefully we will be 100% setting by end of July and can throw one hell of a house warming party.
The steel for the planters around the front steps are going in. In addition to looking good, they are necessary for safety so there is less than a three foot drop around the stairs.
The barn door to the storage room have been painted.
The window tinting has been applied to key windows in the master baths.
A mirror has been added to the upstairs master closet.
The floating steps leading up to the front door are finally finished.
Next steps are the steel planters that will surround them. The posts have been installed to attache the steel.
The garage floor has been installed.
The sewer line has been re-attached now that the bridge is done.
Washer and dryer have also been delivered and installed.
After almost two months of non-stop rain, the weather finally cooperated and the bridge over the creek bed was finally poured. Here is the finished forms waiting on the concrete to show up.
Pour has started.
It is such a relief to get this done. It was causing access issues to the house to finish up the final interior and exterior items.
The bridge didn’t cause all work to cease. The steel work painting continued.
The upstairs deck was completed including the stairs down to the upper landing area.
Landscaping work should start next week now that trucks have access. The interior AV work also continues to get wifi, cameras, and sound systems integrated.
The rain has really been slowing down progress on the exterior items. Some progress has been made on the bridge but it is slow going.
The floating steps look great and are almost done.
Fence work continues.
On the inside, we have mirrors in the powder and guest room.
The deck railing continues and is about half way done.
Smarter Homes has started all the AV work.
I’m keeping my fingers crossed that the bridge can be finished up this week in between the rain which is in the forecast for at least the next week.
We’ve had a lot of rain in the past two weeks that has slowed down the new bridge over the dry creek. It is finally getting formed up and will hopefully get poured next week.
Luckily it hasn’t slowed down the floating front steps.
The staircase railing wood has been added and it really looks amazing.
The vent hood cover was finally installed and was really the last item in the kitchen remaining.
The sliding barn doors to the storage area has also been installed.
Landscaping will also start next week depending on the weather. More rain is in the forecast so we will be fighting that as we try and get this house finished.